It’s an excellent alternative to peat with the benefit of doing your bit for the environment! Although this material is great for blending with your garden soil, it should not be used for planting directly into i.e. filling a flower border, pots or raised beds. It is a very light material and plants require a stronger growing structure.
Our Organic Compost is locally sourced and meets the standards of BSI PAS100 and the Compost Quality Protocol. PAS100 is a widely recognised standard within the organics recycling sector.
Please note that our Organic Compost is recycled green waste which is composted – that’s the aerobic decomposition of organic matter by micro-organisms. This is done via windrow (long rows) composting methods which is an organic process. Finally, it is screened to 10mm to give a fine texture.
The bulk bag contains approximately 700 litres.
What are the benefits of open windrow green compost?
- Eligible for use in organic systems i.e. U.K. organic farming
- Provides slow release major and micro nutrients
- Improves soil structure / workability & rooting potential
- Increases moisture retention & soil drainage
- Good source of organic matter
- High percentage of dry matter content